Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I've been MIA for awhile, and wanted to drop a quick note to say all is well. I've been having clumsy trouble in the studio off and on (I've been told that's common when you lose some one). No big accidents, thankfully; I'm just trying to find the good days when my head is clear to work on projects.

This past Monday we had the memorial service in Tucson. It's hard to believe I won't see my dad again... During the commitment ceremony the temperature was 110 degrees F, and as we said our goodbyes a single rock dove cooed above us in the garden. Everything out there was starting to bloom as the monsoon season trickles in. If you've never seen the desert, imagine everything in shades of brown and dull green suddenly popping out fuchsia, yellow, and day glo orange! Life was bursting out - beautiful and hard to see all at once.

Life is a funny thing...

~Jeni

No comments: