Tuesday, September 30, 2008

time to think

I've been battling a cold lately that almost won, and in the process took over two weeks of time away from me. I normally don't fall victim to germs this easily, but too many hours of work took its toll. I'm doing pretty well now; it's just a nagging cough that's left.

The nice part about being sick (there's a silver lining in everything!) is that I gained valuable time to read up on fashion trends, professional insights, industry news - all the good stuff I usually only skim over. I even had time to reflect on my professional goals and the direction I want to go in. That's very satisfying... a luxury I don't get enough of. I've listed all my goals and am working on a time line to plan out how to meet each one - exciting! I'm already starting to see some returns on these efforts!

I feel much more organized, re-focused, and chompin' at the bit to forge ahead (excuse the pun!).

Several new shows have come my way (actually, I've worked really hard to be able to participate in them), filling up the holiday schedule and keeping me busy in the studio. I'll keep you posted on the dates. This will definitely challenge my time management skills and newly laid goals to balance production, creativity, and business.

Bring on the holidays!

~Jeni

No comments: