Wednesday, January 30, 2008

For the love of Filigree...

Here she is!  I am so proud of how this heart pendant turned out - it took long hours of work, but it's completely worth it when I see this photo!

I use very old traditional techniques based possibly as far back as the Middle Ages to craft in the filigree style, and it takes more time to yield results that are authentic to the historical roots. I then apply the techniques to design pieces that have an Old World feel, but still strike a modern edge.  I get a wonderful satisfaction knowing that every single part of this pendant came from my own imagination!  From the sketch to the final polish, it's completely original.  

This weekend I have an invitation - only show to prepare for, another exhibition next weekend,  and I haven't even posted the heart to my website yet.  I love being this active, but it can sure be an interesting juggling act.  Back to work for now, more to post for later!    

~Jeni

No comments: