It's getting there little by little (in between all the other projects on my bench right now). I've gotten all the pieces assembled, each little curly cue in its place, every silver granule where it needs to be, and only a small bit of skin was sacrificed on my rotary!
Today I started the rough and then medium filing/sanding on the blade and handle. All the rough spots have been taken off, alternating direction to make the deeper sanding grooves show better so that I don't miss any. My fingers are horribly sore, but I really wanted to make some progress on this project!
It's starting to look beautiful, just like I saw it in my head, and soon I'll work the patina and finishing polish, and then finally set the stone. There are so many designs I want to move on to - my ideas hit me faster than my hands can create them. And I want to get as much done right now as I possibly can. With so many shows this coming season I really need to plan ahead to have enough pieces in my high, low, and mid range pricing so that I don't run short. I should still be able to work in between the shows, but I'm going to guess that I'll be pretty tired!
Until next time,