Monday, March 31, 2008


Spring really is trying to peek out from under winter's blanket - finally!  There are fattening buds on the quince bushes, crocuses (croci?) smile cheerily, and the iris' are sprouting quickly.  I've had little time to enjoy it all the way I'd like because of a recent bout of flu, but thankfully spring has just begun. :)  

Lots of custom jobs, project research, and new designs (in time for the starting show season) have kept me busy while waiting for warmer weather.  I picked up some absolutely beautiful and rare stones at the Tucson gem show that I'm starting to use in my new designs.  I've been looking forward to trying out some new styles and techniques, too.  I'll post more as I get the photos in.  

Here's a copper shovel with an apple wood handle to help bring in springtime.  I had so much fun making it; I kept thinking of some tiny little garden gnome using it to plant his vegetables!  I even took a specialized hammer to make miniscule tool marks on the shovel blade so that it looks real.  Crazy, but fun!

~Jeni

No comments: